Hidden Gems of Trastevere, Tiber Island and Jewish District of Rome
👋 Experience hosted by a local expert
🕔 2.5 hours – 💭 English
📅 Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the start time
(this way we can keep the experience personal)
€55 per person
€229 for the first 2 people – €39 per additional person
WHY THIS EXPERIENCE
- Discover the most incredible secrets and stories of Trastevere
- Explore 5m below the street level and discover an incredible number of layers of the city from the past
- Learn about hidden gems dating back to the ancient Rome, Middle Ages, Renaissance and Baroque
- Explore the incredible concentration of history and stories of the Jewish ghetto, and its photogenic alleys
WHAT WE’LL DO
We’ll start from Trastevere, which is known as one of the most lively and crowded areas of the city.. But in this experience we’ll explore that side of Trastevere which is off-the-beaten path, the quieter area of Trastevere which cherishes some of the most incredible secrets and stories!
You’ll discover the less known (but not less rich) area of Trastevere and you’ll learn details and aspects that you’ll otherwise miss if you were exploring this area alone..
We’ll go 5 meters (16 feet) below street level, the more you go down, the more you’ll feel the cool and humid air typical of an underground exploration. Here we’ll decipher for you the endless layers of the city, where people like us used to live in ancient Rome.
We’ll then cross the Tiber river and land on the Tiber island (did you know in Rome there is an island??) Where you’ll discover the stories which you cannot find in the guidebooks, because these are the stories that the people of Rome passed on by word of mouth, generation after generation.
- Bernini’s Blessed Ludovica Albertoni
- Basilica of St Cecilia
- St Cecilia’s underground ancient ruins and crypt
- Vicolo dell’Atleta
- Tiber island and its folk legends
- Theatre of Marcellus and the ancient Roman temples
- Ruins of the Portico d’Ottavia
- via del Portico d’Ottavia and via della Reginella (Jewish district)
- Fontana delle Tartarughe
- plus all the tiny little details around each sight that you would miss without us!
Combining storytelling and local expertise is our obsession!
That made us the biggest community on the hidden gems of Rome, with
…and we only go in truly small groups because we want you to feel like if you were walking next to a friend!
WHERE WE’LL MEET
WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT US
SEMI-PRIVATE option 👇